CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

To wear or not to wear

I just came back from the department's dinner. Well, not actually my current department, but a former one until I was promoted and transferred to another unit last January. Yess, people, I was promoted to a higher rank, my second promotion in 1 1/2 years. Oh, what a valuable and talented employee I am (haha, saja nak naik lif tekan sendiri, if I don't, who would? you? Haha, moral of the story: IF you don't think highly of your ownself, no one would - believe me, I learned it first hand).

The dinner was fun & highly entertaining. How often would you find any chance to openly and acceptably ridicule you colleaques and bosses alike (and be ridiculed yourself in return). But it was all fun and I enjoy it greatly. The only setback was that I was seated at the VIP table, so I was not really enjoying it until I pretended somthing I moved to a table many of my friends were seated. Yelah, ngan bos2 ni gua mulut berat sikitla, nak cakap apa pun tak tau? Takkan nak citer pasal dvd cetak rompak kat pasar malam kot? So sorryla bosses, duduk ngan kwn2 lagi bestla, you all were too old for me (considering I am still not old lah).

Anyway, everytime this kind of function was organised, I always found myself amused by some female colleaque's act. You see, lots of my female colleagues wore tudung to work. Oh, so many coulurful tudung they wore. Tudung wardina lah, tudung bawal lah, tudung angkasawan lah, tudung berbungalah, bermaniklah, mcam-macam batulah, tudung bertopi kat depanlah, tudung yang macam ada songkok kat dalamlah (tingatlak aku kat kumpulan2 nasyid tahun 70an ataun 80an dulu), macam macam lagilah. Yang tak nampak lagi yg pakai tudung saji je.. In fact, some look very pious & solehah and very sejuk mata memandang. We even have some staff selling tudung during lunch hour to other staff (part time la tu..).

However, during the company function and this kind of dinner, a number of them suddenly went tudungless. I expect this would happen for I knew some does not ware tudung out of the office (for a few readyly told me so, some even have their tudung-less photos on their table). But to see than almost half of the female colleagues went free hair tonight, especially ones that look/acted pious that I dare not even talk to them for fear of offending them was something very disturbing to me. And with their variety of hairstyle and heavy make up, I almost did not recognise them until they came and talk to me.

I am fine with women not wearing tudung. If they were not my family members, than I have no opinion on them on this issue. However, if one was a tudung wearer, why put them away for the sake of a dinner? Why wear tudung today and not tomorrow? After all, it is not compulsory to wear tudung to work. Some female staff wore skirt and tight pants to work and it did not go against any office rule. So I always assume that any lady wearing tudung was due to their kesedaran hati that it was a requirement and the nawaitu of wearing tudung were their own keikhlasan. Well, I was wrong..

My point & opinion is : Don't wear tudung if only to be fashionable. Wear tudung with honesty. If you are the wearer, wear it at all necessary time, otherwise, don't wear it! Anyway, it's only an opinion and those whom didn't agree with it, is fine. FYI, I have no complaint against non tudung wearing ladies, I am only upset with tudung wearing ladies that for no acceptable reason, decided against wearing one. Well, people are difference.

Ciao.

2 comments:

amiechomel said...

err, tak tau pun u baru naik pangkat? did u tell me? anyway congrats bro...

Anonymous said...

NO, among family members, only my wife je yg tau.. Baru naik pangkat, gaji naik bln July nanti, tu yg mals nak cakap lagi tu.. haha